Everyone has one. A soul. Just like everyone has a heart, a stomach and a brain. Every being has a soul. Some people doubt this idea because medical science has never identified a soul as an organ but if you have feelings and thoughts its there. There’s even a place in history for such a thing as this strange oddity, a liverpool man named William Mackenzie whom sold his soul to the devil in a game of poker and lost. So, in 1851 his body was buried above ground in a pyramid tomb apparently with William holding up a full house of poker cards to ensure Lucifier doesn’t return for his debt.
According to the Google definition, the soul is pure essence which guides and drives us toward change and develoment. My personal belief is that the soul floats inside us full of beautiful colours and is that purity inside which makes us exerience our raw most real emotions. I think it’s connected to our thoughts and our gut feelings. Like some little old tamagotchi pet it needs feeding, watering and playing with to keep it alive. I also believe it is imperative to look afer your soul as it is your own body. Yet due to the daily stresses and strains of life, its easy to lose the nurture. And this causes great damage.
So, lets say we have this wonderful little mystical light inside of us. How on earth does this get damaged?
Here are the top 5 reasons our Souls get damaged and why
- Past Experiences. Have you ever met someone so perfect for you and realised it can never be? You feel that connection, the butterflies in the stomach, the wonderful excitement of their name when they text yet theres something keeping you back from being with this person because you keep reminding yourself of how hurt you have been previously by others so you assume they are doing the same? I have. And it hurts. It’s because before you were naive, ready to jump all in with this wonderful person all insecurity lost. You opened, shared your full self with someone and you got hurt. As open as your heart your soul was too, the light shone bright inside. Just as it hurts your heart, you forget that little ball of light inside got hurt too. Just as your heart can heal you need to remember to nurish your soul.
- Stresses and Strains of life. Ever felt so anxious about a situation that your stomach is doing backflips, and that nausea feeling? It soon passes yet you keep feeling a little off kilter, maybe your immune system seems a little weaker lately and you can’t work out why. This is because as your illness can cause the pain inside the body, your soul is feeling it too. If your soul is feeling unwell this can also cause illness, remember all illness cannot be seen and if your head and heart is unwell, this can damage other things within the body.
- You are feeling a little lost. In life or in general. We all get a little down sometimes over various situations and we all pull ourselves out of it too. Thats life. But, just as time passes and we feel better, we must remember its fundementally important to look after that little soul inside of us as well. Think of it as though sometimes like a wall, we tend to crack a little bit. But we paste over and we carry on. But that little wall inside is still cracked and damaged but we haven’t managed to pollyfill over it. Yet it’s so important that we do!
- Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me right? Well no. How many of us remember insults we recieve but forget the compliments? Or just plain don’t believe them? I am so guilty of this if I ever recieve a compliment my first instinct is to either pass it off as this person wanting something from me or just typical flannel. Yet your soul has little ears and hears everything. It stores all of the negative things we have ever been told about ourselves and if they are not dealt with, they are carried around inside. This causes the poor little soul to shrink and the light dimming inside again. We need to feed our soul with the positives we recieve to help it flurish or it really will be damaged.
- We damage our own souls! We of course are so guilty of this. We look after ourselves yet forget our little soul needs feeding too. Because there are a lot of damaged souls out there. It is important to look after the purity inside to flurish around your body and shine making you beautiful inside and out. A happy soul needs batteries to shine. Batteries of positivity. Better thinking about yourself, reading, music, meditation are all various ways of doing this. And even better and deeper is to do your research on spirituality, crystals and healing. Chakra balancing is amazing for this and I will talk about this in a further blog.
So, damaged souls. They are everywhere. Because not enough people notice them inside or know what to do to help them heal. This can be dangerous to a person as I believe when a soul is damaged this causes the wrong people to spot this, like an antenna. So the wrong people enter your life cause problems and leave just as quickly as they came. But causing your soul battery to run low. I am sure many people reading this can identify with this and can think of a few people who are currently in your life and your wondering what to do.
Well, my advice would be to look after your soul and let that light shine from outside in. Just as you get one heart, you get one soul and you shouldn’t let anybody play with either.
Contributor, Louise Edwards